Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Assignment 4.4 – Know Your Audience Analyses Blog Post


 
The students in this Composition I class are my audience. When I post a question or a deep though I have often received a plethora of feedback. Of the responses I have receive they all promote critical thinking. They make me feel as though someone sat down and took the time to write an integral response to my original post. Although some people are hard to understand all comments have one thing in common, they all show that someone took time out of their day to write a post full of critical thinking to me. Now I know that it is required in the class to write articulate responses or to write to a certain word count, but it still feels good to receive a response that has thought put into it. I have taken other classes where there are not requirements as to how to properly respond to other students. In these classroom settings the audience has been silence, or I received many shallow “Good point” or “I agree” comments. I have always tried to respond to people with articulate responses but this class pushes me outside of my comfort zone and has taught me many things about how to respond to others. One thing that surprised me about this audience was how respectful they have been. So far everyone here has made great responses and highlighted positive point in my writing even if they didn’t agree with my whole post. The “Know Your Audience” discussion board really brings into light things I have in common with my audience, such as the fact that most of us have traveled or many of us share a favorite similar color. This helps bring into light that the audience is real live people vs my computer screen. What this class has taught me about audience is that people can highlight good in writing instead of bad. I absolutely love how positive everyone has been in their writing towards me and other students.

1 comment:

  1. Quincy,

    I have really enjoyed reading all of the responses to my posts as well. Although they sometimes take me a long time to write, especially reading posts to the book, it is very encouraging to read a positive thought on what I have written. I think this class is making us come out of our shells and to be creative. I am really enjoying what I am learning. You said it well when you said "They make me feel as though someone sat down and took the time to write an integral response to my original post.". I also appreciate that. Great post!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete