Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wednesday 6/24/2015 Blog Post



Wednesday 6/24/2015
Daily prompt generator:
"Whose camera was it?  Write about some photos once taken that you hope to NEVER see again."

I hope I never have to see my second grade school photos again. My family and I joke about how if the house burns down we hope those photos burn. I was seven years old and it was yearbook photo day. I believe my mom forgot it was photo day and I was looking especially “ragged” that morning. As a kid I had very un-strait teeth. Luckily when I was 10-11 years old I got braces. I had those braces for 4 years. I am happy I was lucky enough to get braces because I really needed them! Anyway my hair was a tangled mess, I think I had a cheesy plastic clip in my hair. Not my best school picture. Another picture my family jokes about are some of my Disney World pictures. Right before the trip one of my front teeth fell out, but I still had the other. This made for some wonky smile pictures. Luckily during the trip my other front tooth fell out and I looked semi-normal because at least the spaces were even now! My mom still cringes at some of these pictures. I thought it was interesting how you can look at pictures and just dislike them so much that you wish they would just disappear. I was never a big fan of my school pictures, although I had some that I did not hate. School pictures are a wild card. You can do everything right, prep yourself perfectly and the picture could still come out terrible. The worst part is that anyone who bought a yearbook can view the picture whenever they want of the rest of their lives. Overall I am ready to put these pictures behind me and try to forget about some of my unforgettable school photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment