Sunday, June 28, 2015

Friday 6/26/2015 Daily blog post



Friday 6/26/2015
Daily prompt generator:
"What are you the most afraid of?  Write a fictional story (or maybe a true one) about you that would explain to a stranger where your fear came from."

I am most fearful of snakes. I like to joke about them being unnatural, think about it nothing else on this earth slithers. I know snakes are a vital part to this earth but I can’t help but panic when I spot one. There are some snakes that I am less afraid of and some that frighten me more. A family friend once told me about a time he lived in South Africa and he would catch snakes as a side job. He got called to go to a garbage dump to catch a snake. He got out of his car and he found the snake was a Black Mamba. The Black Mamba became defensive and began to chase him, he jumped in his car and began to drive away. As he was driving he got up to 35mph and realized that the snake had stood up and was chasing him along his car in a field next to the road. He told me that the Black Mamba is one of the few snakes that will actively chase after you. I read that a Black Mamba is highly venomous, if you do not receive treatment in 7-15 hours death usually occurs. I would be extremely frightened if I had a Black Mamba chasing after me! After hearing this story it only makes me more cautious around snakes. A few months ago I almost stepped on a Copperhead (a poisonous snake where I am located), if I had not been looking at my feet at the time I most likely would have stepped on it and possibly been bitten. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate that they keep the mice population under control and understand that there are species that do not chase you. Never the less I will do my best to avoid and leave them alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment