Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday 6/30/15 Blog Post



Tuesday 6/30/15 Blog Post

Daily prompt generator:
"Is boredom a state of mind?  Write about a kid--perhaps yourself--trying very hard not to be bored."

I lay with my back in the grass, on a warm summer day. I have no responsibilities for that day and nothing specific that I want to do. I look at my hand and realize a small dragonfly has decided to land on my skin. I decided to make a game of it, the object was to keep the bug on my hand as long as I could. I sat as still as I possible could and the dragonfly decided to slowly begin to walk up my arm. I began to study the little dragonfly. He was a bright blue color with a slight purplish tint, his wings were laced with a beautiful pearl white. As I was laying there, I became bored, the little dragonfly was not walking anymore. I lightly lifted my arm and the dragonfly flew away. I was happy I got to witness the beauty of the dragonfly for a little bit. I rested my head on the ground again and looked up at the sky. I thought about all the possibilities for fun and I came to one conclusion, Bubbles. I giddily ran into the garage and sifted though the different gardening tools and various outdoor items, alas I found the giant bubble jar. Excitedly I grabbed the bubble jar and ran onto the driveway. Painstakingly I twisted the top off of the jar and pulled out the bubble wand. The bubble wand was dripping with sticky bubble liquid. I slowly brought the wand to my mouth and slowly blew into the plastic circle. The bubbles came out in a burst and I excitedly started grabbing at the multi-colored bubbles. I thought to myself, this was a perfect summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment