Monday, June 22, 2015

Assignment 4.1 6/22/2015

Monday (6/22/2015) Writing Prompt:
Is it a primary color or a mixed one?  Write about the best color to come out of a crayon box...in your opinion.

 Pink is a color of beauty and story. Pink is one of many colors that graces the earth. It shows its self as the sun gently rises over the horizon, and as the sun begins to fade it shows its color in bursts of grand wonder across the sky. Pink comes from our very flesh, to the clothes we wear and the colors we decorate our own dwellings with. Close your eyes, think of your favorite object colored pink. When I close my eyes I see a beautiful, plump pink rose sitting upon a thick stem covered in sharp green thorns. Pink is a color that has an outward appearance of beauty, and when cracked open you can find an even deeper beauty within. These root colors are red and white, they are used to create different shades of pink. Red is a color of vibrancy, white is a color of refined elegance. It only makes sense that these two colors come together to create such a remarkable color. I believe pink is my favorite color in a box of crayons because it is a mixture of bold and soft. Red as I said before is a color of toughness and strength, whereas white has a smooth even tone. Pink is also great because it provides a moderator between purple and red on the color wheel. The color wheel is as great way to shows colors relation to other colors. The color wheel would be extremely imbalanced if it did not have pink on it. You must be thinking, “This person is a pink fanatic”. Honest to goodness pink is not my favorite color (I actually own very little of it), there are many other colors that I admire more. Although if I was given a new box of crayons, the soft tone of pink would be my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment