Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday Blog post 6/27/2015



Saturday Blog post 6/27/2015

Topic Generator:
"How cold is too cold?  Describe the perfect winter day from your past...or your imagination."

I decided to imagine a perfect winter day.
My eyes shift to the giant stone fireplace in front of me. A bright orange flame crackles and pops inside the fireplace. The fire is warm, unfortunately you have to sit right in front of the fire to feel the radiant warmth the fire provides. I look out the window and see that the snow had started falling again. The bright white flakes fall gently to the ground creating a slick yet beautiful outdoor environment. When I was younger I would love to go and play in the snow, now I feel that I would rather stay inside and continue to be warm and dry. I reminisce to one snowy day when I was young, my dad had just got a new puppy. I put together a snow man and remember the new puppy running over to the snowman and beginning to eat and lick him. I still have a picture of that moment somewhere. I would love to have a cup of hot chocolate, with a couple marshmallows floating on top. I look down on the coffee table and see a new magazine I have not read, I gently flip through the pages in hopes of finding an article that I would enjoy reading. I would look over and see my mom at her sewing machine, and listen to the click-clack of the machine stitching though quilting materials. On a perfect winter day I would hear our beagle laying on his couch snoring, while our yorkie/mini-pincher chews on her numerous toys. Our yorkie/mini-pincher would beg me to throw one of her toys and then ask you to chase her around the house. What I have described to you is a perfect winter day for me, a day with my family and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment