Monday, July 6, 2015

Sunday 6/5/2015 blog post



Sunday 6/5/2015 blog post




Daily writing prompt:



"What is the name of the planet?  Think science fiction.  You've landed on a new world, and the first thing you see is a new animal that has the characteristics of three earth animals.  Describe this 'melded' animal."


I felt a thud as my spaceship “The Longest Journey” landed on the newly discovered planet Bruno. Scientist discovered that this planet may be able to sustain human life and my team and I had been sent to check it out. I slowly walked over to the hatch that leads to the outdoors and with my full suit on I opened the hatch. As I grazed outside the hatch I saw a bright green rain forest. I look to the left and saw a giant waterfall. In my wonder I snapped back to reality and began to scan for predators. After all several other teams had left earth and began searching other planets and some of the teams had gone dark. I took the first step and two of my other crew members followed suit. Suddenly I hear something running through the trees stomping and trampling foliage. I thought to myself it must be gigantic. In our fear we ran back to the spaceship and closed the hatch. We began to launch into the sky, to keep the ship from being damaged. I gazed out the window as the launch sequence began and saw the creature that we had heard. It was a terrifying mix between a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptor, and had the eyes of a Troodon. We were being hunted. I screamed at my crew mates to immediately launch and right as the morphed dinosaur nearly reached the hull we rocketed into orbit. About one hour after the incident my commander made a video call to us. He asked me one question, was the planet hostile? I took one look at my crew mates and looked the commander in the eyes and with certainty said absolutely

No comments:

Post a Comment