Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wednesday 7/8/2015 blog post



Wednesday 7/8/2015 blog post

Daily prompt generator:
"What relaxes you most?  Write about a place where you have relaxed.  Capture the place with your writing." 

I sit on a mighty granite rock looking out at a place of deep serenity. The rock I am sitting on has one of the smoothest surfaces my hands have ever touched. The color of the rock is white with black speckles sprinkled throughout. I am seated on the rock with my legs sprawled out in front of me. I enjoy lounging. It is a good feeling to sit and take your surroundings in. I look to my left and see a tall redwood. I reach over and touch the bark, it feels rough compared to the smooth granite under me. I sit there and admire the beauty of the tree planted next to me for a few minutes. Finally I gaze over to the main focal point in front of me. The Waterfall was rushing and roaring feeding the creek below it. I have always found it amazing that so much water can come from melted snow. The waterfall is bright white from the water rushing and falling through the air. I sit in silence and let the relaxing sounds of the rushing water calm my mind. I glace over to the creek that runs by the rock I am placed upon and admire the beautiful river rock that projects many vibrant colors. I have always liked river rock, I love how rounded the rock is. I also find it extremely peaceful to watch the water flow over its gorgeous colors. I bring my eyes back to the waterfall and daydream about frolicking under the water, or finding a mysterious cave filled with treasures behind it. I take one last deep breath and slowly make my way down from the rock. I slowly begin to walk back to my vehicle, it’s time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment