Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tuesday 7/7/2015 blog post



Tuesday 7/7/2015 blog post

Daily writing prompt:
"So why even sing?  Write about a time when people were singing badly."

My house is filled with brightly colored balloons. These balloons have magnificent colors, bright purples, and black polka dots. I walk out into our sun-room and look at the buffet table. The buffet table has a magnificently decorated cake on it with a solid white top tier and pink roses on the bottom tier. My eyes scan the length of the table and I see fancy plastic silverware on top of the black polka dot napkins. I see several different arrangements of balloons tied down with silver weights scattered about the room. I look at the dining table and see a black table cloth has been put down and the white plates and silverware I picked out had been neatly arranged on the table. It was going to be a good evening. I walked in the kitchen and see my mom preparing my favorite foods. Spaghetti with a house salad and garlic bread. Slowly guests begin to trickle in. When the final guests arrive we decide to eat. As soon as everyone finished eating I opened my birthday gifts in the sun-room. After opening my gifts I decided to do cake and ice cream next. My dad brought out the ice cream and while it was thawing my family decided it was time to light the candles. My mom brought the tip of the lighter to the candle perched on top of the cake and clicked the lighter. The bright flame lit quickly and my family began to sing out of tune. “Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear (all mumbling different names for me), Happy Birthday to you”. It was painful, every year the singing is always painful. I love my family anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment